Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2 days until Christmas

I Can't believe there are only two days left until Christmas and I am still working on Christmas cards. well, I guess that is the way when you have over 50 people to give cards to then sell some that you made at craft fairs.
I made this one today. This is the final one, I made it as part of the splitcoast sketch challenge, I had to come up with something, why not do a challenge! I used very vanilla as my base, then added real red as a "mat" layer, along with SU's Christmas dp for several years ago. I used the snowflake from snowswirled, stamped it in real red then went over it with versamark and dazzling diamonds and a heat gun to give it shimmer, then I used my punch and punched it out. I added a gold ribbon for extra shimmer, and my tree is done the same way but with always artichoke ink.

I saw something on SU's demonstrator magazine where the images were stacked, I thought that was a neet concept, so I tried it with the delightful decorations set. I used mellon mambo, pretty in pink and old olive as my colors. I had to mask the images so the ink wouldn't bleed between colors, so I used a post it, and stamped the image twice then cut it out and used them as my mask.


This was a splitcoast challenge to use gold. I think it was a limited supply challenge. I used mellon mambo as my base, then old olive, then used gold as my mat, then white, and stamped the "Sanded" background stamp in gold. I then used my delightful decorations set in mambo and olive, and popped them up with pop dots, added an artichoke ribbon wrapped like a present.


This was for the gold or silver challenge mentioned above. I used artichoke as my base, then stamped bella toile bg stamp in silver. My main image is stamped in gold then heat embossed in gold, then colored in using a blender pen in ruby red, and gold gel pen. The image is matted on ruby red, and gold. I added some candycane eyelets I had.


I think this is one of my fave cards of the season. This was part of a featured stamper challenge, where you take the image and change it up at last two ways. I used always artichoke as my base, then I took white, stamped the sanded bg stamp in artichoke, LOVE IT! I added a real red ribbon. The main image is stamped in artichoke and mounted on artichoke. I used deckling scissors for the edges. The snowflakes are a very tiny punch that I have, I punched them in real red then used glue dots to secure them. I added 3 brads to the bottom of the card.




This was a ways to use it challenge from splitcoaststampers.com, we were to make a card using a recipie or something we made to eat for the holidays. My fave thing to bake is choc chip, m&m cookies. I use the tollhouse recipie and add in m&m's for those of you who were wondering. So I made this card using creamy caramel cardstock. I then added a Choc Chip ribbon, and stamped my delightful decorations in mellon mambo, kiwi kiss and pacific point to represent the m&m's I also used my cuttlebug and used my dots folder to emboss the front panel of the card. I added a cool ribbon that had choc dots of all things as hangers for the ornaments.

Well, it seems like that is all she wrote as far as my recent cards. I think it is a little easier to do it the way I did today. I think I will try it in the future.
If I could figure out how, would you ladies be interested in doing color challenges, or sketch challenges? Let me know

No comments: