Tuesday, June 29, 2010

mmsc60

I made this for two reasons, one I wanted to make a special card for my friend Gina who just bought her first place, and two for the Priscilla Midnight Madness Challenge.

I used pretty in pink as my base, then layered it with Pink pirouette. I ran it thru the cb. I used certain celery as my mat, and stamped the reeds from Inspired by Nature in celery.

I used my markers for the flowers, regal rose, rose red and certain celery. I stamped my butterfly and bee in black, then used glitter gel pen to give it some shine. I added barely banana to the bee.

Gina really likes pink, so I wanted to reflect that in the card that I made. I also hand painted a birdhouse just for her. Seeing that she is a homeowner, she should have some of the same perks as a home owner, watching pretty birds in the backyard. I hope she likes it.













5 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Dara - what a gorgeous card! I love that image, the colours you have used show it off beautifully! You have used the sketch beautifully and the butterfly and bee are gorgeous touches. I am sre Gina will love her card and birdhouse - you are a thoughtful friend! We are happy you could join us for this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we love to see your work and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Tracy Vinson said...

Hi Dara....well, I don't know what to comment on first, it is all so lovely. My favorite though is the color pallete you have chosen for your card. I know your friend will love it. Blessings, Tracy00MMDT

pam124 said...

Dara, what a great creation for your friend. She will truly appreciate this and with the added bird box, she will be thrilled!! I LOVE the stamp sets you've used for one thing and I love your color combo, butterfly and let's not forget the bee!! You did a fantastic job.

Thanks SO MUCH for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and hope you can come back and do it all over again next week.

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Carol Hurlock said...

Dara, your friend is one lucky girl getting both this beautiful card and pretty bird house. You are so kind and thoughtful. What a fabulous gift combination. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I enjoyed viewing your project so much!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Priscilla said...

What a great take on the sketch and you colors are amazing..your friend will adore it. Thank you for making such awesome cards. I always look forward to seeing what will be created week after week for our challenges. No matter what part of the world you are from, from my family to yours I would like to wish you a great 4th of July.
Priscilla