Saturday, December 13, 2008

Stationary holder




















I thought of this stationary holder idea after giving gifts of cards to my teachers from school. I had put the cards in a stationary holder, but it closed like a book, and the teachers didn't understand that there was something inside the holder. I had to tell them. So I thought to myself, how can I make a holder for cards that will reveal what is inside of them. With that, I came up with this box.

I used the premises from the previous holder and modified it to what I wanted.

I used an 8-1/2 by 8-1/2 piece of cardstock.
I scored on 8 inches, 7 inches, 1-1/2 inches and 1/2 inch
Then turned the cardstock and scored at 2-1/2 and 3-1/2
What You need to do after you make your first fold at 2-1/2 you need to cut.
Then you cut the other side in the same location at the fold.

From there you cut up an inch to the next fold on the fold that will become your side and front panel.

Then you take the small piece and adhere it to the flap that will get attached to what will be your bottom. Now you have half a box formed.

Then fold up your flap and adhere your side panel and back panels with tacky strip.

When you are done, you have a great box

Sorry this post is so crazy, but it took me forever just to upload the pictures and get them in correct order.
Have a nice night.














No comments: