Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is my first blog, on this newly created blog of mine. It is Thanksgiving Day, I'm watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and drinking my coffee and blogging!

I started this blog because there are sometimes when I just want to tell my stamping lady friends what is going on in my life.

This is a much needed day off for me. I go to school full time to become a medical assistant. It is not somethign I planned for in my life, but after two elbow surgeries and a hand surgery, I knew I could never go back to having to use my arms all day. I was an office manager that worked about 50-60 hrs a week and was on the computer almost all day long. My arms are shot.

When I first went out of work is when I discovered stamping. I was so bored, and I just bought some stamps so I thought I would try to make some cards by myself. I fell in love with the craft. I have always been a crafty lady, but I never really found the one thing that I could really express my creativity until now! I just love making cards! I have so many, I have no idea what to do with them all, lol! I started going to craft fairs. I made about $70 this year over the price of the tables. I guess the economy is just so bad no one wants to buy. Last year I made $120 so I was a little disappointed. Oh well.

I think I am rambling here. I don't know. All I know is, even though I enjoy my peace and quiet, I miss my son. He is with his father. I got divorced in August and it has been quite the task getting acclamated to the changes of single life. I didn't know I had so much yard upkeep!!! LOL! I hired a friend to help me because I just couldn't do it with my arms and all. Of course, I had to pay him to help me as he did do some manual labor for me. Money, money, money! How can we live without it!!! lol

Gee, I am rambling. I guess I have more to say than I initially thought. So maybe this will be another stress reliever for me, well, when I have the time. It is nice to relax. Ok, I think I will leave more for another day.

For now, have a great thanksgiving, and stamp on!!!!

No comments: