Friday, November 28, 2008

Monochromatic Christmas


Today is known as "Black Friday" I didn't even want to go out, but I ran out of tape runner to make cards, so I figured I would go and get some tape and a few other things I needed. I guess I had good timing because I was in and out of Walmart in about 20-30 minutes, including parking!


Since I was in Milford, I called my good friend Dawn, and fellow stamper if she wanted to hang out. So I stopped over her house, we watched the soaps then proceeded to go to her stamp area and make a card. We each made only 1 card. It took us about an hour and a half to make one card each! OMG what a task!


I borrowed all her stuff, except the tape, lol. I used always artichoke as my base, then mellow moss. She had the "Weathered" bg stamp so I used that in artichoke. Love it! Think I will have to buy this stamp! Then I mounted my image on handsome hunter and stamped in black. I used blender pens for the red, and regular markers for the kids. I used her luminare for Santa's hat, and beard/mustache.


My big issue what the stupid ribbon! Omg!!! It took me 20 minutes to tie the ribbon! Can you believe it!!! 20 minutes to tie a ribbon! riddiculous I know, but I just couldn't get it to sit right. I was so frustrated. But I finally ended up making it so it worked. I think it is like an olive color.


I really like the way this card turned out. tfl!!!


No comments: