Saturday, January 3, 2009



Well, It's the New Year! Let's hope that things are better than last year. Last year was a very difficult year, and I'm hoping with my school graduation looming in the forefront that things will look up. I certainly could use a financial boost. That is totally for sure.






Today on Splitcoaststampers.com we had a challenge to be inspired by cakes. The website is here: http://cakenouveau.com/cakes.html






I found two yummy looking cakes and made some cards. The first one I made out of choc chip paper, then I took some close to cocoa paper, and cut it in strips, each a little more narrow then the next. Then I took Delight in Life and Organic Life flowers and stamped them in brilliant blue, then cut the flowers out. I mounted them in a cascade of flowers. This was quite time consuming. I took a few breaks and took down the ornaments on the tree. the lights and tree, and accessories are next them I'm done! Yeah! Anyway, this took quite some time with this card. I popped up some of the flowers for visual interest.

Around 10pm I decided to make another card. This one I used the orchid as the inspiration. This was a little less tedius as the other card. I used some diecuts and my cuttlebug to cut them. I'm so new to die cuts! Anyway, I used my new nesties too! I'm still trying to get the hang of them, they don't look like everyone elses, I think I'm doing something wrong! HELP!


I made my card of river rock, black, very vanilla, and garden green. I think I had a really cool effect with this card. The die cut corner I used, I really wanted to swirl around the "cake" but I couldn't find a way that I like it, so I stuck with corners. I then stamped in orchid oppulence the flower from touch of nature, and the small flower from delight in life. All in all, it has been a productive card day.












No comments: